Friday, November 5, 2010

Jim Bishop: Technology anxiety and the Luddite Mennonite

"I do not know much about technology


I do not know much about the Blackberry. . . "

- With an apology, "Wonderful World" (1960) Sam Cooke in the late



It's more and more meetings, conferences and other groups emerging phenomenon of the process is expected.



I looked into the room and the group leader or speaker, or to highlight an extraordinary effort to date range for almost all participants reported that the laptops. What kinds or can not relate to a variety of businesses appeared on the computer screen.



In addition to the seat in front of someone's cell phone was not long gone, the state of "vibration" is not defined for half a coma, they stem from the participant him / herself "" Excuse emergency to call subatneun reach.



So what is the culprit here? Major communication breakdown by way of conducting a difficult situation where we connect with other users directly, providing access to many technology?



Loneliness, or how we are what we have done on your desktop computer or 24 hours a day to keep up with worldwide access to wireless devices can not be managed without wondering for so many years. My cousin and I pretended Bishop catalog toy ads drooled on the Dick Tracy two-way wrist radio time. Welcome hundred dikhapnida 21!



Today the school building or the distance between the press and lost his ears, his music world, the Apple iPod for its mobile phone and search for Indian students.



I have every driver approaching traffic on the wheel in one hand and pick up your own joke on the phone to die. I personally will not make any calls while driving until I reached this goal can wait. Former employer was one of the few people in a cell without - I have always said, until a run.



Not so long ago that our job well, but the deal, we call it rendered helpless at home when the telephone gave the Rotary bright yellow. Tape machines, VHS player, or 35mm with the planned Another example of aging. Film camera (my Canon Rebel I have a big picture, but people still use it for personal study time, "You poor schmuck," Look, give me the press.)



Vinyl, 45 CD album 50 years of my music library, listen to a lot of happy memories of the magic cloth, but he provided. One day soon, I tend to vintage recording and then "Scope" to put up with listening to something special, I think, or skip at myself and a few, proud music lovers looking for a market - a fantastic cover art, do not forget (the liner notes and I really) can be read into focus.



Royal Standard typewriter, copy it to a pulse - I have a problem getting the things you hard way (? Outdated) to get my life is the biggest part of expenditures, a field of science and technology for rapid change to match the one hand and the White Rose's second heart and my Thesaurus. Remove images processed in a few years - mainly black and white - and some have Exacto knife handle, graphic design, layout, and often lengthy process was carried out on the board, cut and paste a copy of Windows and sheets and pictures acetic acid.



The importance of this discussion some considerations:



- Only 12-14% of the world population, can be accessed only 3-5% on Internet access (Answers.com) was. Big World, we believe, by choice or economic conditions, the computer is not educated like.



- We have the technology to be amazing and addictive potential has admitted. How many times your incoming e-mail and send messages with Facebook I do write and read blogs?



- Instant communication, mobile devices, especially with text messaging, user grammar, punctuation, use or not use complete sentences, to be careless mistakes, and it recommended. The rules are broken after the pain of time as long as the language, who cares? To send a message to people face to face can not really their personality traits can accommodate.



If the arrival of the new features, and expectations rise delivery. Brainstorming creative part of our final product in no time you can move it now - sometimes less - We automatically, regardless of pressure and tension is likely to happen every time. Do we?



Modern technology is truly a gift. You can see it that way for humanity, or good in the end it is the curse as a blessing doelwihan, let's use it.



Excuse me, but my computer just froze me my faithful typewriter second IBM selectively using this discourse to complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment